Happy New Year! Many of my readers have told me they’re interested in sneak peek into my life as a writer, so I decided to share with you some highlights of 2016.
- January 29 & 30 Temple Secrets reached #1 bestseller on Amazon & Nook
- January Incorporated my writing business
- January-February-March final revisions and proofing Lily’s Song (sequel to The Secret Sense of Wildflower )
- Feb. 16 Formed Gabriel’s Angels, my early review team. (Sending love and gratitude to all my Angels who are receiving this!)
- Feb. 18 Harper Lee died 🙁
- March 22 Lily’s Song published
- April through Sept. Worked on final revision and proofing of Trueluck Summer
- April 24 Met with St. Timothy’s Book Group and discussed The Secret Sense of Wildflower.
- July 6 Featured interview in Southern Writers Magazine (click to read full interview)
- July 9 Lily’s Song audiobook available, professionally narrated by actor Holly Adams (my first professional audiobook)
- Aug. 9 Met with Lake Lure book club and discussed Temple Secrets
- Fall 2016 Wrote the beginning pages of the third book in the Wildflower trilogy and the sequel to Temple Secrets
- Sept. Hired Holly Adams to do the Temple Secrets audiobook. Available early this January!
After 22 years of writing, this is only the second year I have written full-time, without also doing freelance editing or teaching. This would not have been possible without you!
Whether you discovered my books recently, or you have been a fan for a while, I am very grateful that you are reading and enjoying my books.
I hope you enjoyed this sneak peak into my life as a writer. I also hope 2017 brings you good books, good friends and a few delightful surprises.
P.S. My goals for 2017 include finishing a first draft of the third and final book in the Wildflower trilogy, as well as the sequel to Temple Secrets.