Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive, and then go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.
–Howard Thurman quotes, Philosopher and Theologian
If you like this quote as much as I do, I have a challenge for you. For the next week, observe yourself to see what makes you come alive. With that in mind, I’ve come up with my own list:
- natural beauty–taking a walk by the mountain stream near my home
- writing and getting into the flow of creativity where I lose track of time
- visiting with my daughters or visiting with good friends where we talk about deep, interesting subjects
- playing with our animal family (2 dogs, 3 cats)
- watching a really good movie or reading a great book
- anything that makes me laugh. I love to laugh
- Howard Thurman quotes
What about you? What makes you come alive?
Check out my new book: The Secret Sense of Wildflower
“…astute observations and wonderfully turned phrases, with nary a cliche to be found. She could be an adolescent Scout Finch…A quietly powerful story, at times harrowing but ultimately a joy to read.” — Kirkus Reviews (starred review)
To read the entire Kirkus review go here.